September 5, 2017
Dear CBGS Families,
We hope you are ready for another great year at Chesapeake Bay Governor’s School. It is a pleasure to have your terrific students with us; and we’ve enjoyed a good start to our program year.
Here are a few items of note as we begin 2017-18:
- Back-To-School Nights are great opportunities to hear about your students’ classes. We’ll start in the auditorium just to say hello and let you know what rooms to visit. The dates, by site, are:
- Tuesday, September 12th at 6:30 – Warsaw Campus
- Wednesday, September 13th at 6:30 – Bowling Green Campus
- Tuesday, September 19th at 6:30 – Glenns Campus
- We hope you will take advantage of the use of Schoology to have notifications of school news and events sent to you; plus, it is a means to check on your child’s homework, attendance, grades, and progress. Parents of new students were recently provided your logins; families of
returning students, the login is the same as last year. We understand, though, that logins and passwords get misplaced or stop working. Please let us know if you need your login information resent or a password reset. It is NO trouble at all! Just contact the site Office Associate, Site Lead, me, or any of your child’s teachers.
- Remember there are junior and senior year fall weekend field trips coming up. Our summer mailing provided dates, and our website calendar is kept current so visit https://cbgs.k12.va.us/events-calendar/.
Please join us!!
Please let me know if I can answer concerns or questions at any time.
Enjoy the year!